Zero = Infinity    *****    If you can enjoy sadness, then nothing can stop you from being happy always    *****    Love is the flow of positive energy from one soul to another   *****    An atheist can realise God more easily than the staunchest theist
May 26, 2005

Some updates from my life

Background music: Titanic theme*

I see that my blogging frequency has decreased considerably. Mainly because, my mind has sobered down, and is no more bubbling with ideas as it used to.

Small minds discuss people.
Average minds discuss events.
Great minds discuss ideas.
(My addition) Greater minds discuss nothing.

Perhaps I am now making that transition. But today, I feel I must blog. A lot of things have taken place. I have been a silent spectator of all that has been happening around me, and within me. Sometimes, it may be useful to write about it.

Most significant of these is the separation that we friends face from each other, as each one moves out of IITM to different corners of the world. In the last four years, I have met quite a lot of people, got to interact with quite a lot of them. Of all these, the ones with whom I stayed, my wingmates, are closer to my heart than any other. The only reason being that I have been with them for years. It is with them that I have felt free to be as I am, with no inhibitions, with no fear of being judged. Of course, there are opinions formed, there are criticisms made. But looking at it from today's perspective, I only feel that these are part and parcel of a growing friendship. I clearly have to disagree with Dale Carnegie here. Whoever said "Don't criticise". Everything you do helps in building a strong friendship.

Of course, all my wingmates are not my chaddi-dosts. There is not one with whom I have shared any of my intimate secrets. Not that I have many. But, the friendship with some of these guys, I am sure, is such that we shall on any future day, feel nice to be with each other.

Already a few people have left the wing. Spooney is staying with his parents at the guest house, as he is trying to finish some pending work. Sony went home last week. Gagan left a few days back. It is quite unfortunate that Gagan and I quareled two days before he left, which was not settled. It hurts that it happened that way. Not that he was very close to me, but it hurts because we parted with misunderstanding, and quarel. Avinash left today afternoon. I must say, I felt sad today for the first time. As I write this, I feel my eyes becoming moist. This is quite uncommon of me. In a couple of days Fubu will leave too. And I know something. I am going to miss him too. Sparamani has, for all practical purposes left too. Now, only Panni, Manu and Pandu are left, who shall be staying for a few more days.

A chapter in my life in IIT is coming to an end. Being a dual degree, I have everything in pairs here. I shall, hopefully, end up with two degrees. I have two farewell hostel nights. I have two farewell from the institute. And, life here, also has two chapters - one with friends, in the first four years, and the other without them, in the last one year. It seems a life of sannyasa is awaiting me. Of course, I am looking forward to it too, for entirely different reasons. But, the fact is, I shall miss the unlimited fun I had with these guys. The fun of irritating Avinash my talking nonsense, the fun of making fun of Fubu, thanks to orkut, the fun of discussing politics, religion, society with Panni, Pandu and Susu (another dual guy), and the joy of thulping pizzas sitting in Sony's room....all these will look like dreams after a few days. Life would have moved on.

This is not the first time, I am going through a phase of parting. It happened in school after 10th, and 12th. But never has it been so intense. Never have I felt that I was really parting. Mainly because this is the first time, friendship is because we stayed together day and night. And it does make a huge difference to the way the friendship grows.

I thank God for all that he has been to me in the form of these wonderful friends.

*This music, although is more appropriate for lovers, to me it stands for friendhip. It reminds me of Krishna, my best friend in high school. It was at the end of schooling, when I visited his home, we were absorbed listening to this music. Ever since, it has meant friendship of the highest nature.


3 Comments:

Blogger Naveen said...

i literally cried.. *sob sob*

will miss u ,.. dear pita
lol
keep blogging

15:05  
Blogger Somebody Else said...

Whoa! 2 targets with ONE stone...seriously..for once...That had me cryin too....Really sad for u....
dun worry...
The net's a wonderful thing..and unckal Fubs and the rest of the gang...will be there na?
:)


PS-PPl...rejoice..for once...Ram's phil makes sense...[some wonderful sense actually....!]

10:35  
Blogger Anusha said...

'Mainly because, my mind has sobered down, and is no more bubbling with ideas as it used to.'

Interesting..though in some cases, a sober mind infact, makes it possible to sit down and pen the thoughts buzzing inside the head, whereas otherwise, they buzz in and out before you can crystallize them into words.

Fleeting thoughts

Thoughts fleeting and fuzzy,
Running through the tunnels of my mind,
I catch them before they die away into nothingness ;
Pin them down with each keystroke on this log.

Cheers.

15:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox with a 1024 X 768 resolution or higher

Get Firefox