Zero = Infinity    *****    If you can enjoy sadness, then nothing can stop you from being happy always    *****    Love is the flow of positive energy from one soul to another   *****    An atheist can realise God more easily than the staunchest theist
April 19, 2005

I

"I" is an idea that exists in each of our minds. This idea separates oneself from the rest of the Universe. To each one of us, there exists an "I", and the Universe. My "I" refers to a person called Ramsubs, but your "I" does not. So, there are multiple "I"s. It is an idea that makes us believe that we are separate. Its existence is only in our minds. The idea is so powerful that it seems to be real and that it seems that there indeed is an entity separate from the Universe.

Along with the idea of "I" comes the concept of "mine". We begin to associate with objects that are physically related to us. We begin to have a feeling of ownership, of possession. This feeling of possession is not restricted to just material objects, but to ideas and thoughts as well.

Now, that "I" is just an idea, its existence is only in one's own mind. It exists nowhere else. When looked at from the perspective of the Universal Consciousness, there is no "I" which refers to any specific individual. Therefore, in reality, there is no "I". It is only an illusion. Therefore, the idea of "mine" is also only an illusion.

1 Comments:

Blogger Devi said...

True, but the feeling of mine and that possession it leads to the concept of "Love", ofcourse conditional. Loss of ego starts from that very concept. However ugly the child is, mother loves and admires it, as if it is THE most beautiful one in the world. No body gets anger for the mistakes done by their loved ones, whereas if it were somebody else to do the same, would raise a rage. Isn't it ... It's on the basis of love which is result of "mine" the world wheels on ! It is the one which makes it much more beautiful, whether it is illusion or a mere idea in mind. Solving 'real' problems with help of 'i' in 'complex' fields is easy, not just in maths but in life too ..
The problems come as the range of 'mine' is very small.. if one lets the circle of 'mine' grow and grow N feel that everything around, everybody aroud is his/hers, closely related to them, Universal Love takes birth which dissolves the seed feeling of I and mine.. seems contradicting naa, well for me too ;)

20:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox with a 1024 X 768 resolution or higher

Get Firefox