Zero = Infinity    *****    If you can enjoy sadness, then nothing can stop you from being happy always    *****    Love is the flow of positive energy from one soul to another   *****    An atheist can realise God more easily than the staunchest theist
January 25, 2006

I have been placed

The wait was over finally on Tuesday 24th Jan 2006. On Monday, the shortlist came out, and I was happy to see my name in it. First time my name was there on a short list. Heartening to see. We were told that there would be a test, and so, my evening was spent in trying to scrape of the rust in my brain.

The morning of 24th started with the company guys making a presentation, followed by a test. The test was an average type, and was simply a test of who can do mental arithmetic faster. I gave up after the test. Was not satisfied. Yet, when the list of candidates to be interviewed came out at around 1.45 p.m., I knew that I hadn't screwed it up as I thought. My interview was to be at 3.30 p.m. So, I went back to the hostel, took a bath, took printouts of my CV, and was present at the venue by 3.00 p.m., to realise that they were running 30 minutes behind schedule.

And so, as expected, at 4 I was called in. A brief introduction, followed by one of them having a glance at the my resume, and making appreciative comments on my past performance (no comments made on current academic performance though). Quickly, I was given a business problem to solve, a pen and a paper to use. For about a minute I jotted down a few points, and began. As I started putting fart (or fundaes, depends...), he began to respond positively, trying to cross question me, and slowly, I began coming up with ideas. They then asked me my career plans, and why I wanted to join them. As I was answering that last question, the HR female (wasn't hot as the HR female of Nvidia who were parallely interviewing) extended her hand saying "Nice meeting you Ram". Time to leave now.

I was disappointed with the interview. Time flew so fast, that I felt I was there for hardly 10 minutes. But I must have been there for anything between 15 and 20 minutes. Still, I wanted to have a more grilling interview. Looked very easy. Chal... now nothing to do, except walk to the nearest coffee shop.

At about 7.20, I receive a call from Octa, (who was also interviewed, but screwed himself up by landing late) to tell me the good news of my selection. So, that was it.

My future now lies at Modelytics, Bangalore.

9 Comments:

Blogger Trespasser said...

congrats.

The first to say Congrats on your blog is entitled to a treat from you. So, I'll expect the same next time we meet.

04:56  
Blogger Somebody Else said...

see!
Life still works!...u obv dont need me to tell yah that but...
Very happy for u!
congrats dude!

07:44  
Blogger bharath said...

congrats.

09:11  
Blogger Oneirodynic said...

Congrats mate.Came here via orkut.Catch you in Bangalore,hopefully.

02:30  
Blogger Naveen said...

congrats daa..
good to know that you are joinin us @ bangy ;)
hope octa and manu make it too.. and susucha gets placed in bangalore. :)

04:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice going Ramsubs...you ought to have played along without the disappointment part. You were virtually assured of the job at some point of time...;) You did split the interview wide open...no point getting disapponted there.;)

11:39  
Blogger SteelySouthpaw said...

congrats .Hope to c u in Bang soon


Nagesh

04:57  
Blogger prem said...

Congratulations! Hope you wont be quitting blogging? r u?

03:31  
Blogger The Soul Doctor said...

Hi Rama

I didnt check your blog for long time.

COngrats on being placed. Thats a nice way to start life after college. I wish you all the very best. I am sure you would be extremely successfull in your carreer.

karthik

10:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox with a 1024 X 768 resolution or higher

Get Firefox