Zero = Infinity    *****    If you can enjoy sadness, then nothing can stop you from being happy always    *****    Love is the flow of positive energy from one soul to another   *****    An atheist can realise God more easily than the staunchest theist
June 27, 2005

I have been book tagged.

The buck has finally reached me...and I hate Sangeeta and Bhaand for it. I never wanted to write this. Still, here I go.

Total Number of Books I own:
Around 50. This includes all the text books I have. I just have no idea which book I own. There are so many lying in my house, most of them bought by my dad, and very few by me, and since I have never paid for any of my books, I don't know if it is right to call it my own.

Total number of books given to others and never came back:
Very few perhaps, so few that I don't know if there exists any. There aren't many who ask me, because I have very few. Therefore, it is easy for me to kep track of what I have given to whom, and I am a good vasool-raja that I pain them till they return. Yet, there is one which hasn't come back, because the person to whom I gave a book got married and went off somewhere else, and I don't think I will ever catch her again.

Total number E-Books:
Zilch.

Last Book I bought:
I think it was Siddhartha...about a year ago. I don't buy books that much.

Last Book I was gifted:
OMG...someone gifting me something itself is so rare, and it has not happened in the last few years for sure. Oh yes, I get a lot of t-shirts from grandma...bt books?? No way.

Last Book I read:
Again no idea. Simply because I never complete a book. I remember having completed a few novels in my first and second year in IIT, but after that...may be it is My Master by Parthasarathy Rajagopalachari where he writes about his spiritual Master. I then picked up Road Less Travelled...but am yet to complete it.

I am currently reading:
In His Footsteps by Parthasarathy Rajagopalachari. It is a collection of the author's entries in his diary during the phase of his life when he met his spiritual Guru, and the experiences he has.

Five Books that mean a lot to me:
Really difficult to answer. Why on earth should a book mean a lot to me? I wonder!! Of course,I have read some truly great books, but never have they taken such an important place in my life. I can live without them.

3 books I started reading, but never completed:
Road Less Travelled, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Autobiography of a Yogi

Book that made zero sense to me:
A lot of books don't make sense to me, and so I never even read them. Thankfully, all books I read made sense, at least a bit. But I dreaded reading my social science text book, Kannada text books in my high school. Oh...I forgot..these language text books, both English and Kannada were absolutely senseless, with all stupid lessons.

My most treasured books:
I treasure Siddhartha because that is the first and perhaps the only one that I bought myself, out of a pure interest and desire to read it. I also treasure the copy of Bhagavat Gita that I have.

Who am I gonna tag?
Naveen
Agnibharathi
Kartik
Siri
Devi

6 Comments:

Blogger Agnibarathi said...

Thambi, I've already been tagged. See http://offnoimportance.blogspot.com!!

19:54  
Blogger Irritating specimen said...

waaah...havent read any of the books that u have ;)

03:07  
Blogger Sangeeta said...

:(( u hate me:((

I still have to lay my hands on Road Less Travelled..how is it?

09:10  
Blogger bharath said...

u hate me, how dare u? sob.. sob...

10:25  
Blogger Naveen said...

hehe.. if i end up writing this.. i will have the simple task of filling zilch in every column..:)

but i have made up mah mind to start readin a few.. this year.

and whts all these tagging fundaa daa?

04:37  
Blogger Somebody Else said...

hmmm....interesting..taggin eh????so do i tag along too????

07:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox with a 1024 X 768 resolution or higher

Get Firefox